The ATProM Research Unit was established as the Eskom Specialisation in Energy Efficiency through of funding provided by Eskom. This was enabled by the Eskom Power Plant Engineering Institute (EPPEI). Through this collaboration Eskom has enabled the development of power plant process engineering practitioners using research and course based training programmes.
ATProM Research Unit was established by Eskom through the Eskom Power Plant Engineering Institute (EPPEI).
Research focusses on the following areas of study:
- Power plant condition monitoring.
- Boiler modelling.
- Radiation model using the zonal method.
- Solar power plants.
- Combined cycle power plants.
- Machine learning for plant monitoring.
- Emissions modelling in transient operation.
- Stage by stage model of steam turbines.